DGK founder and street-style skateboarding legend Stevie Williams has not lived the life of your typical skater. Growing up skating at LOVE Park in Philadelphia in the mid-'90s, Williams and his crew stood out from the crowd, as very few black kids from their neighborhood were skating at the time. Feeling marginalized both by the world at large and by their fellow skaters led them directly to their chosen nickname: "dirty ghetto kids" (DGK). When it came time for Williams to launch his own clothing brand, he knew exactly what to call it. Since its establishment, DGK has become an trusted brand by skaters and streetwear heads worldwide for premium apparel and accessories.
Shop online now for t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, accessories, and more by DGK.
- The Authentic Tee in White
- The Banner Tee in Black
- The Concrete Grown Tee in Black
- The American Pigeon Tee in Black
DGK: Dirty Ghetto Kids.
Stevie Williams experienced a meteoric rise in skateboarding in the late 1990s, after appearing in two now-classic skateboarding videos, "Reason" and "The Chocolate Tour." At the time, Williams was signed to Chocolate Skateboards, but he soon realized that he had the ideas and the drive to branch out on his own, and in 2002 DGK became a reality. DGK's gear is designed by skateboarders and made primarily for skateboarders, but its innovative designs have gained a large following among non-skating streetwear fans as well. Over the years, DGK's catalogue has continued to expand, and the brand now makes both apparel and a collection of accessories, including sunglasses and wallets.
Discover the DGK gear you've been missing at Karmaloop.com.
Karmaloop is the world's leading retailer for t-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, accessories, and more inspired by verge culture. Visit Karmaloop.com for the finest selection of products from DGK, such as:
- T-shirts: DGK makes a variety of graphic tees featuring bold color combinations and large multi-color graphics. These crewnecks are made from premium cotton and are built to withstand the abuse of the skate park.
- Shorts: When the temperatures rise, stay cool and comfortable in a pair of DGK shorts. DGK offers a collection of designs including camo prints, cargo shorts, and solid khaki chinos.