Few brands in the streetwear game are as sought after as Black Scale, which in only a few years has developed a reputation for its eye-catching designs and dark aesthetic. Michael "Mega" Tabut and Alfred de Tagle founded Black Scale in 2007, while the two were working for HUF. The motivation behind Black Scale is to make clothing that evokes dark imagery and themes—something that was largely missing from the scene before Black Scale's arrival. With an ever-expanding collection of tees, hats, sweaters, outerwear, and more, Black Scale is well positioned to further increase its prominence in the industry.
Shop online now for sweatshirts, hats, tees and more by Black Scale.
- Black Scale
- The Exclusive Black Scale x KL City Series Capsule V LogoType Tee in Black
- Black Scale
- The Exclusive Black Scale x KL City Series Capsule LogoType NY Tee in Navy
- Black Scale
- The Exclusive Black Scale x KL City Series Capsule Grand B Logo Long Sleeve Tee in Black
Black Scale: embrace the rebellion
Black Scale was originally started by two friends as an outlet for their artistic designs, which were originally sold on t-shirts in the HUF store in San Francisco. They were not expecting that the t-shirts would sell so quickly, but they had tapped into an underserved niche of the streetwear fashion scene and were soon forced to leave their jobs and focus full-time on Black Scale. It's safe to say that they made the right decision, as Black Scale has grown exponentially over the past few years, with flagship stores now in San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles. In addition, Black Scale has collaborated with several brands, such as Jun Cha and Amongst Friends, on exclusive releases. In spring 2012, Black Scale teamed up with hip hop superstar A$AP Rocky to release a capsule collection that has since been featured in countless fashion publications. Jay-Z even rocked a Black Scale hoody while performing at a 2012 rally for President Obama—a testament to the brand’s widespread appeal.
Find the Black Scale products you've been looking for at Karmaloop.com.
Karmaloop is the world's leading retailer for tees, hoodies, hats, outerwear, and other apparel and accessories inspired by verge culture. Visit Karmaloop.com to find the hottest items from Black Scale, such as:
- Tees: Black Scale's design team aims to spark dialogue through the use of controversial images, and their tees often feature dark imagery, such as a pentagram or upside-down coffin.
- Sweatshirts: Black Scale offers a diverse collection of sweaters and hoodies, including zip-ups, pullovers, and more. These sweatshirts combine high-quality fabrics and innovative design work, and are an ideal choice for fans of streetwear fashion.
- Hats: If you've grown tired of basic sports headwear and are looking for something a little more luxurious, Black Scale has you covered with its selection of uniquely designed New Era fitted hats. Step your game up with one of these original lids, available in a variety of unexpected color combinations.