The first episode of our new visually mind-bending music show The Controllerist features LA beat scene godfather and Monome master Daedelus, who came through and rocked an exclusive DJ set for us. Before he left, Daedelus handed us a soundpack for “Tiptoes,” a track from his new album Drown Out (out now on Anticon). It’s so ill that we couldn’t keep it to ourselves, so we want YOU to remix it for the chance to win a QuNeo MIDI controller, GURU’s preferred production hardware, from our friends at Keith McMillen Instruments. Check it out in action here.
Listen to Tiptoes:
1. Download the soundpack for Daedelus “Tiptoes” right here.
2. Creat your remix!
4. Upload your remix to your Soundcloud page and tag it with #GURUsoundpack
5. Tweet the Soundcloud link to your remix @GURUxmag with #GURUsoundpack
6. The illest remix, as judged by GURU staff and Daedelus, wins a QuNeo!
Have your remix in by midnight EST on Friday, October 11th, 2013 for a chance to win!
Check out the The Controllerist: Daedelus below
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE GURU Soundpack Contest (THE “CONTEST”) OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on or about 12:00:01 PM. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on October 4, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 11, 2012. (“Entry Period”). All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Oct 11, 2013. Winner will be announced on October 14, 2013.
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to persons who on the date of entry are legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, at least 18 (eighteen) years of age. Employees, officers, directors and their immediate family members of Karmaloop, and each of their respective parent company(ies), subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensees, directors, officers and employees, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors, and any and all other companies associated with this Contest are ineligible to enter. For purposes of this Contest, “immediate family members” means parents, spouses, children, siblings, in-laws, grandparents as well as each of their spouses and household members, whether related or not.
3) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Entrants, upon submission of their entry to the Contest, hereby irrevocably grant to Karmaloop, and each of their licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the entry submitted as part of the Contest, and all images, text and materials depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, CDs, streaming media, film, television, videocassettes, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems), throughout the universe and in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it. Karmaloop, and each of their successors, assigns and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works therefrom, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, Karmaloop will have the right to use the entries submitted as part of the Contest, and all images depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights” now or hereafter recognized in connection with entries submitted as part of the Contest. Entrants agree that Karmaloop shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of entries and are not obligated to use any entry. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning Karmaloop. Entrants agree that neither Karmaloop nor their agents shall be responsible for returning or preservation of the entries submitted. All entries that are posted on Karmaloop’s website including but not limited to the blog and may be available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet. Winner’s images become the property of Karmaloop and can be used on Karmaloop.com; Karmaloop’s blog, Karmaloop’s Facebook page and for any other marketing purpose.
4) Release of Liability Each potential winner of the Contest may (in Karmaloop’s sole discretion) be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability agreement (the ” Acceptance Release”) and return the Acceptance Release before the winning photos are publicized. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Acceptance Release within forty-eight (48) hours of the first (1st) notification attempt, such potential winner (in Karmaloop’s sole discretion) may be disqualified and an alternate may (in Karmaloop’s sole discretion) be selected. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, he or she may be disqualified in Karmaloop’s sole discretion, and an alternate potential winner may then, in Karmaloop’s sole discretion, be selected. The Winner’s Acceptance Release is subject to verification by Karmaloop. Karmaloop is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners. When a potential winner is contacted, he/she will have 48 hours in which to respond to the notification, or he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Karmaloop will not be responsible if a potential winner changes his/her e-mail address or other contact information after he/she registers for the contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to update his/her registration information notifying Karmaloop. Failure to update such registration information may affect a potential winner’s ability to receive the proper notification and be able to respond in time.
5) TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating, an entrant agrees to a) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Karmaloop, which shall be final in all respects; b) release, discharge and hold harmless Karmaloop and their respective parent company(ies), subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensees, directors, officers and employees, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors (collectively “Releasees”), from all liability, claims or damages including injury or death, arising out of their participation in the Contest and the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize. Subject to applicable law, winners irrevocably grant Karmaloop and their designees the right and permission to use of their name, voice, likeness, and/or biographical information for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without further compensation, and upon request will provide consent in writing to such use. This may include, but not be exclusive to photographs and interviews. Releasees are not responsible for and shall have no liability for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related material; or for any stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries; or for entries that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the promotion. If for any reason Contest cannot be conducted as planned by reason of causes beyond the control of Karmaloop, which, in the sole opinion of Karmaloop, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of Contest, Karmaloop reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contest, and/or may conduct Contest and select winners from among all entries received prior to the action taken. Further, Karmaloop reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest, and cancel or refuse any entry or any individual winning the Contest. In the event Karmaloop is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Karmaloop’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence) Karmaloop shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. Karmaloop reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at its sole discretion at any time and will use reasonable endeavors to notify material changes to entrants and potential entrants. In the event the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date, Karmaloop reserves the right but has no obligation to award the prizes. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with Contest, shall be resolved individually through arbitration, without resort to any form of class action or litigation in court. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees. The Contest and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Karmaloop, or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
Karmaloop is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, or whom Karmaloop believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Contest, as determined at the sole discretion of Karmaloop, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future contests. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to undermine the legitimate operation of Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Karmaloop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. Karmaloop reserves the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
9) WHO WON? For the names of all winners, please mail a self-addressed, pre-stamped envelope to: Karmaloop, Attn: List of Winners/Music Video Contest, 334 Boylston Street, Suite 500, Boston, MA 02116.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. By participating, you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this promotion.